Tibetan Singing Bowl New JS01124
- Age: 21st century
- Type: Jambati
- Note: A / The 2nd octave 108 Hz to 432 Hz
- Size: 26 cm in diameter x 12 cm in height
- Weight: 1.697 gr.
- Mixed alloy with 7 metals
Listen with headphones
ABOUT THE SOUND RECORDING
At the beginning of the sound sample, we strike the bowl on the top of the outer rim with a medium-hard mallet. Then, we rub the bowl on the top of the outer rim with a padded leather drumstick.
Out of stock
TYPE OF BOWL: JAMBATI
New JAMBATI bowls are beautiful and widely used. They are available in super large, large, medium, and small sizes. They are characterized by high, open, and elegantly curved rims and you can see the marks of the hammer blows. They can be completely smooth or only smooth at the top. The ends of some edges are flat or rounded. Others are thicker, round, and/or triangular extending inward, and sometimes have grooved lines on the flat ends.
The bases of all Jambati bowls are flat and small to medium in size. They usually have one or more concentric circles engraved on the inside of the base. Often, these lines and inscriptions have almost disappeared due to years of use.
They are easy to play with by resting them on the hand or a surface. To achieve a quality sound, it is important to use the right mallets and drumsticks.
By striking the top outer part of the rim with the mallet, the fundamental note remains balanced and powerful, capable of generating multiple harmonics. The sound produced by the friction of the mallet is usually warm and enveloping. Depending on the thickness of the stick, and at what height of the rim it is played, higher or lower overtones are produced and the bowl will vibrate with more or less intensity.
Depending on the specific characteristics of each bowl, JAMBATI bowls are excellent for concerts and sound baths. They are also used for meditation, inducing relaxation, and altering states of consciousness.
Jacomina Sounds offers high-quality antique JAMBATI bowls. Handmade with a combination of 5 to 9 metals. Most of them are part of our private collection. These, as well as the most recent ones, have been personally selected in Nepal. All have received our unique and exclusive treatment for cleaning and sound optimization. For more information about our specialized treatment.
THE PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- Certificate of authenticity, with the specific characteristics of each bowl chosen.
- A high-quality, hard, professional Nepalese drumstick, made of wood and leather, padded up to the middle.
- Tips on how to maintain the bowl and drumstick.
- A brief instruction on how to play the bowl.
It is advisable to add a large medium-hard mallet for striking this bowl.
WE SEND YOU WHAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN
- At Jacomina Sounds we do our best to present, on our website, all the bowls with their original sounds, without manipulations. However, as the bowls have a wide spectrum of harmonics, there might be some difference between the recordings and the reality. Then, you will surely be surprised that, live, they sound even better!
- All our bowls have passed rigorous authenticity tests for age, harmonic balance, smoothness of sound reproduction, and duration of the sound.
- To ensure that the bowls maintain their quality, we have given them our special cleaning and optimization treatment, which includes protection to avoid future oxidation and the transmission of heavy metals to our body, a unique and exclusive service in the world!
|Dimensions||26 × 26 × 12 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.