Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl JS1244
Age: 19th century
Note: D 3 / D 3rd octave 121 Hz to 432 Hz
Measurements: 19 cm diameter x 10.5 cm height
Weight: 868 gr.
A mixed alloy of 7 metals
Listen with headphones
ABOUT THE SOUND RECORDING
At the beginning of the sound sample, we strike the bowl on the top of the outer rim with a medium-hard mallet. Then, we rub the bowl on the top of the outer rim with a padded leather drumstick and, at the end of the recording, we tap it gently with the padded part of the drumstick.
Out of stock
TYPE OF BOWL: THADOBATI, Remuna
THADOBATI bowls are characterized by having a wide, flat base and a straight, high rim. The older ones usually have thicker rims and rounded ends. The rim surfaces may be rough or smooth with engraved lines, dots, and/or small circles. They are usually of small to medium sizes, and very rarely found in larger sizes.
They have a very good sonorous presence in their fundamental tone and their harmonics are self-multiplying.
Because of their structure and thickness, the vibrations are not very expansive but are concentrated within the bowl itself. This makes them less used for vibrational therapies on the body, except in points where the vibration is easily transmitted as, for example, above the forehead or the hands. Even so, some vibrate more than others. They are also used in concerts and sound baths.
THADOBATI bowls of the BUDDHA type have a smaller base, straight and high rims, and a more open curve. They vibrate more, so they are more suitable for use in vibrational therapies.
Jacomina Sounds offers high-quality antique THADOBATI Remuna singing bowls. Handmade with a combination of 5 to 7 metals. Most of them are part of our private collection. These, as well as the most recent ones, have been personally selected in Nepal. All have received our unique and exclusive treatment for cleaning and sound optimization. For more information about our specialized treatment.
THE PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- Certificate of authenticity, with the specific characteristics of each bowl chosen.
- A high-quality, hard, professional Nepalese drumstick, made of wood and leather, padded up to the middle.
- Tips on how to maintain the bowl and drumstick.
- A brief instruction on how to play the bowl.
- It is advisable to add a hard medina mallet for striking this bowl. https://jacominasounds.com/accesorios-cuencos-gongs/
WE SEND YOU WHAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN
- At Jacomina Sounds we do our best to present, on our website, all the bowls with their original sounds, without manipulations. However, as the bowls have a wide spectrum of harmonics, there might be some difference between the recordings and the reality. Then, you will surely be surprised that, live, they sound even better!
- All our bowls have passed rigorous authenticity tests for age, harmonic balance, smoothness of sound reproduction, and duration of the sound.
- To ensure that the bowls maintain their quality, we have given them our special cleaning and optimization treatment, https://jacominasounds.com/restauración-y-conservacion/, which includes protection to avoid future oxidation and the transmission of heavy metals to our body, a unique and exclusive service in the world!
|Dimensions||19 × 19 × 10,5 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.