Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl JS01287
Age: 19th century
Note: F# / Fa # 4th octave 363 Hz to 432 Hz
Measurements: 13,5 cm diameter x 4,5 cm high
Weight: 312 gr.
A mixed alloy of 7 metals
Listen with headphones
ABOUT THE SOUND RECORDING
At the beginning of the sound sample, we strike the bowl on the top of the outer rim with a medium-hard mallet. Then, we rub the bowl on the top of the outer rim with a padded leather drumstick and, at the end of the recording, we tap it gently with the padded part of the drumstick.
Out of stock
TYPE OF BOWL: MANIPURI
MANIPURI bowls are shaped like plates, with small bases, low rims, slightly curved, and opening like a flower. They can be thick or thin. With completely smooth surfaces, both inside and out. It is quite common for them to be marked with beautiful lines and/or drawings of small circles with dots, both on the inner base and their inner and outer edges. Sometimes, the edges can also be thicker, triangular-shaped inwards, and with fine lines, dots, or circles engraved on the surface of it.
The sizes we can find range from very small to medium. There are some larger and heavier ones but it is not common to find them. In general, it is increasingly difficult to find good quality MANIPURI bowls.
The small bowls, having a little base, tend to be unstable. Therefore, it is necessary to support them on the fingers of the hand to play them with a drumstick, with or without leather.
Their sounds are expansive. According to their volume or vibrational capacity, they are more suitable for concerts, sound baths, and for subtle work in therapies, where they are usually placed in specific areas of the body (hands, head, chakras).
Jacomina Sounds offers high-quality antique MANIPURI bowls. Handmade and with a combination of 5 to 9 metals. Most of them are part of our private collection. These as well as the most recent ones have been personally selected in Nepal. All have received our unique and exclusive treatment for cleaning and sound optimization. For more information about our specialized treatment.
THE PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- Certificate of authenticity, with the specific characteristics of each bowl chosen.
- A high-quality, hard, professional Nepalese drumstick, made of wood and leather, padded up to the middle.
- Tips on how to maintain the bowl and drumstick.
- A brief instruction on how to play the bowl.
- It is advisable to add a small semi-hard mallet for striking this bowl. https://jacominasounds.com/accesorios-cuencos-gongs/
WE SEND YOU WHAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN
- At Jacomina Sounds we do our best to present, on our website, all the bowls with their original sounds, without manipulations. However, as the bowls have a wide spectrum of harmonics, there might be some difference between the recordings and the reality. Then, you will surely be surprised that, live, they sound even better!
- All of our bowls have passed rigorous authenticity tests for age, harmonic balance, smoothness of sound reproduction, and sound duration.
- To ensure that the bowls maintain their quality, we have given them our special cleaning and optimization treatment, https://jacominasounds.com/restauración-y-conservacion/, which includes protection to avoid future oxidation and the transmission of heavy metals to our body, a unique and exclusive service in the world!
|Dimensions||15,5 × 15,5 × 5,5 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.