Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl JS01054
- Age: 19th century
- Type: Ultibati
- Note: Db / Db / Db 3rd octave 136 Hz to 432 Hz
- Measurements: 25,5 cm diameter x 12 cm high
- Weight: 1.886 gr.
- A mixed alloy of 7 metals
Listen with headphones
ABOUT THE SOUND RECORDING
At the beginning of the sound sample, we strike the bowl on the top of the outer rim with a medium-hard mallet. Then, we rub the bowl on the top of the outer rim with a padded leather drumstick and, at the end of the recording, we tap it gently with the padded part of the drumstick.
Out of stock
TYPE OF BOWL: ULTIBATI
ULTIBATI bowls are wide, with high and open edges in the shape of a cauldron. The bases are flat and large. The entire bowl is usually rough and hammer marks are visible, except for the curved rim end, about 4cm, which is smoother and polished. Many have the entire lower part, from the curve down, painted black. The separation of the two parts is often marked by a deep line.
They are usually found in medium and, above all, large sizes. They are thin and weigh little compared to their size. They sing for a long time with low sounds and emit strong vibrations. The rarer and older, high-quality specimens have more stable and wider sounds and a high range of harmonics. To get a good sound it is advisable to play them with a softer mallet than usual.
They are mainly used for therapy and concerts.
Jacomina Sounds offers high-quality antique ULTIBATI bowls. Handmade with a combination of 5 to 9 metals. Most of them are part of our private collection. These, as well as the most recent ones, have been personally selected in Nepal. All have received our unique and exclusive treatment for cleaning and sound optimization. For more information about our specialized treatment.
THE PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- Certificate of authenticity, with the specific characteristics of each bowl chosen.
- A high-quality, hard, professional Nepalese drumstick, made of wood and leather, padded up to the middle.
- Tips on how to maintain the bowl and drumstick.
- A brief instruction on how to play the bowl.
- It is advisable to add a large semi-hard mallet or S2 for striking this bowl.
WE SEND YOU WHAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN
- At Jacomina Sounds we do our best to present, on our website, all the bowls with their original sounds, without manipulations. However, as the bowls have a wide spectrum of harmonics, there might be some difference between the recordings and the reality. Then, you will surely be surprised that, live, they sound even better!
- All of our bowls have passed rigorous authenticity tests for age, harmonic balance, smoothness of sound reproduction, and duration of the sound.
- To ensure that the bowls maintain their quality, we have given them our special cleaning and optimization treatment, which includes protection to avoid future oxidation and the transmission of heavy metals to our body, a unique and exclusive service in the world!
|Dimensions||25,5 × 25,5 × 12 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.