Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl JS01047
- Age: 19th century
- Type: Cup / Chalice
- Note: B / B 2nd octave 121 Hz to 432 Hz
- Measurements: 17 cm diameter x 12,5 cm high
- Weight: 1.102 gr.
- A mixed alloy of 7 metals
Listen with headphones
ABOUT THE SOUND RECORDING
At the beginning of the sound sample, we strike the bowl on the top of the outer rim with a medium-hard mallet. Then, we rub the bowl on the top of the outer rim with a padded leather drumstick and, at the end of the recording, we tap it gently with the padded part of the drumstick.
1 in stock
BOWL TYPE: PEDESTAL, Cup / Chalice
PEDESTAL bowls are also called CUP or CHALICE bowls. They are made in two parts: the bowl itself, and a circular metal band, or pedestal, on which the bowl is permanently mounted on top. The bowls have a rounded base and need the pedestal to stand upright. They are quite bulbous. The middle point has a larger diameter than the rim. The rims close a little at the top or are straight and vary in thickness. In the older ones, the pedestal is fused to the bottom of the bowl. On the other hand, those made more recently are soldered.
Some antique bowls have fine lines and dotted figures on the outside of the top rim. Often these are drawings of fish, peacocks, or lotus flowers. Usually, the rim finish is flat and smooth, although sometimes they have grooves. Older bowls usually differ from newer ones in having more stable, cleaner, richer in harmonics, and longer-lasting sounds.
PEDESTAL bowls are easy to play and have a good sonority. They are suitable for use in all types of therapeutic work, as well as in concerts and sound baths. To play them they need a stable and hard surface, which is why they cannot be placed on the body. In addition, the vibration is transmitted mainly by the bowl, not by the pedestal. However, by holding the pedestal in the hand, they are very easy to handle around the body and can be used for cleansing energy fields of both people and spaces.
Jacomina Sounds offers high-quality antique PEDESTAL, CUP - CHALICE bowls. Handmade and with a combination of 5 to 7 metals. Most of them are part of our private collection. These as well as the most recent ones have been personally selected in Nepal. All have received our unique and exclusive treatment for cleaning and sound optimization. For more information about our specialized treatment.
THE PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- Certificate of authenticity, with the specific characteristics of each bowl chosen.
- A high-quality, hard, professional Nepalese drumstick, made of wood and leather, padded up to the middle.
- Tips on how to maintain the bowl and drumstick.
- A brief instruction on how to play the bowl.
It is advisable to add a medium-hard mallet for striking this bowl. https://jacominasounds.com/accesorios-cuencos-gongs/
WE SEND YOU WHAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN
- At Jacomina Sounds we do our best to present, on our website, all the bowls with their original sounds, without manipulations. However, as the bowls have a wide spectrum of harmonics, there might be some difference between the recordings and the reality. Then, you will surely be surprised that, live, they sound even better!
- All our bowls have passed rigorous authenticity tests on age, harmonic balance, smoothness of sound reproduction, and duration of the sound.
- To ensure that the bowls maintain their quality, we have given them our special cleaning and optimization treatment, https://jacominasounds.com/restauración-y-conservacion/, which includes protection to avoid future oxidation and the transmission of heavy metals to our body, a unique and exclusive service in the world!
|Dimensions||17 × 17 × 12,5 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.