Antique Tibetan Singing Bowl JS01034
Age: 19th century
Note: Eb / E b 4th octave 305 Hz to 432 Hz
Measurements: 18 cm diameter x 9 cm height
Weight: 680 gr.
A mixed alloy of 7 metals
Listen with headphones
ABOUT THE SOUND RECORDING
At the beginning of the sound sample, we strike the bowl on the top of the outer rim with a medium-hard mallet. Then, we rub the bowl on the top of the outer rim with a padded leather drumstick and, at the end of the recording, we tap it gently with the padded part of the drumstick.
1 in stock
TYPE OF BOWL: SHABDA
SHABDA antique bowls are unique and different. They have a wide base, the rim is thick and they are slightly concave, sloping inwards. The termination has its characteristic, striking flat, smooth overhang of about 3-5 mm. The outer surfaces usually have a lot of etched scratches along the rim, which have often disappeared through use and poorly done cleanings to prepare them for sale. Luckily the bowl we offer here has been saved - Shabda's are real gems!
This type of bowl is played only by striking with a medium-hard mallet on the top of the rim, just below the termination. The sound is concentrated inside the bowl, has few overtones, and is self-amplifying.
Jacomina Sounds offers high-quality antique SHABDA bowls. Handmade and with a combination of 5 to 9 metals. Most of them are part of our private collection. These, as well as the most recent ones, have been personally selected in Nepal. All have received our unique and exclusive treatment for cleaning and sound optimization. For more information about our specialized treatment.
THE PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- Certificate of authenticity, with the specific characteristics of each bowl chosen.
- A high-quality, hard, professional Nepalese drumstick, made of wood and leather, padded up to the middle.
- Tips on how to maintain the bowl and drumstick.
- A brief instruction on how to play the bowl.
- It is advisable to add a large medium-hard mallet for striking this bowl.
WE SEND YOU WHAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN
- At Jacomina Sounds we do our best to present, on our website, all the bowls with their original sounds, without manipulations. However, as the bowls have a wide spectrum of harmonics, there might be some difference between the recordings and the reality. Then, you will surely be surprised that, live, they sound even better!
- All of our bowls have passed rigorous authenticity tests for age, harmonic balance, smoothness of sound reproduction, and duration of the sound.
- To ensure that the bowls maintain their quality, we have given them our special cleaning and optimization treatment, which includes protection to avoid future oxidation and the transmission of heavy metals to our body, a unique and exclusive service in the world!
|Dimensions||18 × 18 × 9 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.