BOWL TYPE: THADOBATI, REMUNA / LOTUS
The bowls THADOBATI are characterised by a broad, flat base and a straight, high rim. Older ones tend to have thicker rims and rounded ends. The rim surfaces may be rough or smooth with engraved lines, dots and/or small circles. They are usually of small to medium sizes, very rarely found in larger sizes.
They have a very good sonorous presence in their fundamental tone and their harmonics are self-multiplying.
Due to their structure and thickness, the vibrations are not very expansive but are concentrated within the bowl itself. This means that they are less used for vibrational therapies on the body, except at points where the vibration is easily transmitted, such as on the forehead or on the hands. Even so, there are some that vibrate more than others. They are also used in concerts and sound baths.
The THADOBATI bowls of the type REMUNA / LOTUS are distinguished by their curved edges with a small bulbous belly. The rims are thin, smooth and high. The base is usually flat but sometimes has a small raised area or mound in the centre of the base. They are easy to play with mallet and drumstick, resting on the hand or on stable surfaces. They vibrate more, therefore they are more suitable for vibrational therapies. They sing, have long sounds and are rich in harmonics.
Al golpear la parte exterior superior del borde con la maza, la nota fundamental permanece equilibrada y potente, capaz de generar múltiples armónicos. El sonido que se produce con la fricción de la baqueta suele ser cálido y envolvente. Según el grosor de la baqueta, en qué altura del borde se toca, salen armónicos más agudos o más graves y el cuenco vibrará con más o menos intensidad.
They are easy to play by resting them on the hand or on a surface. To achieve a quality sound, it is important to use the right mallets and sticks.
By striking the upper outer part of the rim with the mallet, the fundamental note remains balanced and powerful, capable of generating multiple overtones. The sound produced by the friction of the stick is usually warm and enveloping. Depending on the thickness of the stick, at what height of the rim it is struck, higher or lower overtones are produced and the bowl will vibrate more or less intensely.
THE PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- Certificate of authenticity, with the specific characteristics of each bowl chosen.
- A high quality, hard, professional Nepalese drumstick made of wood and leather, padded up to the middle.
- Tips on how to maintain the bowl and drumstick.
- A brief instruction on how to play the bowl.
It is advisable to add a large medium-hard mallet to beat this bowl.
WE SEND YOU WHAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN
- At Jacomina Sounds we do our best to present all singing bowls on our website with their original sounds, without manipulations. However, as the bowls have a wide range of overtones, there might be some differences between the recordings and the real thing. Then you will surely be surprised that they sound even better live!
- All our bowls have passed rigorous authenticity tests on age, harmonic balance, smoothness of sound reproduction and duration of sound.
- In order to ensure that the bowls maintain their quality, we have given them our special cleaning and optimisation treatment, which includes a protection to prevent future oxidation and the transmission of heavy metals to our bodies.A unique and exclusive service in the world!