BOWL TYPE: JAMBATI
The bowls JAMBATI The new ones are beautiful and widely used. They are available in super large, large, medium and small sizes. They are characterised by high, open edges and the marks of hammer blows are visible. They may be completely smooth or only smooth on the top, as well as sometimes having one or more engraved lines on the outer top. The ends of some edges are flat or rounded. Others are thicker, round and/or triangular in shape extending inwards, and sometimes have grooved lines on the flat ends.
The bases of all Jambati bowls are flat and small to medium in size. They usually have one or more concentric circles engraved on the inside of the base. Often these lines and inscriptions have almost disappeared due to years of use.
They are easy to play by resting them on the hand or on a surface. To achieve a quality sound, it is important to use the right mallets and sticks.
By striking the upper outer part of the rim with the mallet, the fundamental note remains balanced and powerful, capable of generating multiple overtones. The sound produced by the friction of the stick is usually warm and enveloping. Depending on the thickness of the stick, at what height of the rim it is struck, higher or lower overtones are produced and the bowl will vibrate more or less intensely.
Depending on the specific characteristics of each bowl, JAMBATI bowls are excellent for concerts and sound baths. They are also used for meditation, inducing relaxation and altering states of consciousness.
THE PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- Certificate of authenticity, with the specific characteristics of each bowl chosen.
- A high quality, hard, professional Nepalese drumstick made of wood and leather, padded up to the middle.
- Tips on how to maintain the bowl and drumstick.
- A brief instruction on how to play the bowl.
It is advisable to add a large medium-hard mallet to beat this bowl.
WE SEND YOU WHAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN
- At Jacomina Sounds we do our best to present all singing bowls on our website with their original sounds, without manipulations. However, as the bowls have a wide range of overtones, there might be some differences between the recordings and the real thing. Then you will surely be surprised that they sound even better live!
- All our bowls have passed rigorous authenticity tests on the balance between harmonics, smoothness of sound reproduction and duration of the sounds.