BOWL TYPE: PEDESTAL, Cup / Chalice
The bowls PEDESTAL are also called bowls of CUP o CHALIZ. They are made in two parts: the bowl itself, and a circular metal band, or pedestal, on which the bowl is permanently mounted on top. The bowls have a rounded base and need the pedestal to stand upright. They are quite bulbous. The middle point has a larger diameter than the rim. The rims close a little at the top or are straight and vary in thickness. In the older ones the pedestal is fused to the bottom of the bowl. On the other hand, those made more recently are welded.
Some antique bowls have fine lines and dotted figures on the outside of the top rim. These are often drawings of fish, peacocks or lotus flowers. The rim is usually flat and smooth, but sometimes has grooves. Older bowls are often distinguished from newer bowls by their more stable, cleaner, harmonically rich and longer lasting sounds.
The bowls PEDESTAL are easy to play and have a good sonority. They are suitable for use in all kinds of therapeutic work, as well as in concerts and sound baths. In order to play them, they need a stable and hard surface, which is why they cannot be placed on the body. Furthermore, the vibration is mainly transmitted through the bowl, not through the pedestal. However, by holding the pedestal in the hand they are very easy to handle around the body and can be used for cleansing the energy fields of both people and spaces.
Jacomina Sounds offers high quality antique PEDESTAL, CUP - CHALICE bowls. Handmade with a combination of 5 to 7 metals. Most of them are part of our private collection. These and the most recent ones have been personally selected in Nepal. All have received our unique and exclusive cleaning and sound optimisation treatment. For more information about our specialised treatment.
THE PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- Certificate of authenticity, with the specific characteristics of each bowl chosen.
- A high quality, hard, professional Nepalese drumstick made of wood and leather, padded up to the middle.
- Tips on how to maintain the bowl and drumstick.
- A brief instruction on how to play the bowl.
It is advisable to add a large medium-hard mallet to beat this bowl. https://jacominasounds.com/accesorios-cuencos-gongs/
WE SEND YOU WHAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN
- At Jacomina Sounds we do our best to present all singing bowls on our website with their original sounds, without manipulations. However, as the bowls have a wide range of overtones, there might be some differences between the recordings and the real thing. Then you will surely be surprised that they sound even better live!
- All our bowls have passed rigorous authenticity tests on age, harmonic balance, smoothness of sound reproduction and duration of sound.
- In order to ensure that the bowls maintain their quality, we have given them our special cleaning and optimisation treatment, https://jacominasounds.com/restauración-y-conservacion/which includes protection against future oxidation and the transmission of heavy metals into the body.A unique and exclusive service in the world!