BUCKET TYPE: Thado
BOWL TYPE: THADOBATI, REMUNA / LOTUS
The bowls THADOBATI are characterised by a broad, flat base and a straight, high rim. Older ones tend to have thicker rims and rounded ends. The rim surfaces may be rough or smooth with engraved lines, dots and/or small circles. They are usually of small to medium sizes, very rarely found in larger sizes.
They have a very good sonorous presence in their fundamental tone and their harmonics are self-multiplying.
Due to their structure and thickness, the vibrations are not very expansive but are concentrated within the bowl itself. This means that they are less used for vibrational therapies on the body, except at points where the vibration is easily transmitted, such as on the forehead or on the hands. Even so, there are some that vibrate more than others. They are also used in concerts and sound baths.
The THADOBATI bowls of the type REMUNA / LOTUS are distinguished by their curved edges with a small bulbous belly. The rims are thin, smooth and high. The base is usually flat but sometimes has a small raised area or mound in the centre of the base. They are easy to play with mallet and drumstick, resting on the hand or on stable surfaces. They vibrate more, therefore they are more suitable for vibrational therapies. They sing, have long sounds and are rich in harmonics.
Jacomina Sounds offers high quality antique THADOBATI REMUNA / LOTUS bowls. Handmade with a combination of 5 to 7 metals. Most of them are part of our private collection. These and the most recent ones have been personally selected in Nepal. All have received our unique and exclusive cleaning and sound optimisation treatment. For more information about our specialised treatment.
THE PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- Certificate of authenticity, with the specific characteristics of each bowl chosen.
- A high quality, hard, professional Nepalese drumstick made of wood and leather, padded up to the middle.
- Tips on how to maintain the bowl and drumstick.
- A brief instruction on how to play the bowl.
It is advisable to add a large medium-hard mallet to beat this bowl.
WE SEND YOU WHAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN
- At Jacomina Sounds we do our best to present all singing bowls on our website with their original sounds, without manipulations. However, as the bowls have a wide range of overtones, there might be some differences between the recordings and the real thing. Then you will surely be surprised that they sound even better live!
- All our bowls have passed rigorous authenticity tests on age, harmonic balance, smoothness of sound reproduction and duration of sound.
- In order to ensure that the bowls maintain their quality, we have given them our special cleaning and optimisation treatment, which includes a protection to prevent future oxidation and the transmission of heavy metals to our bodies.A unique and exclusive service in the world!