BOWL TYPE: SHABDA
Ancient bowls SHABDA are unique and different. They have a wide base, a thick rim and are slightly concave, sloping inwards. The termination has their characteristic, striking, flat, smooth overhang of approximately 3-5 mm. The outer surfaces usually have a large number of engraved scratches along the rim, which have often disappeared through use and poor cleaning in preparation for sale. Luckily, the bowl we offer here has been saved - Shabda are real gems!
This type of bowl is played only by striking with a medium hard mallet on the top of the rim, just below the end. The sound is concentrated inside the bowl, has few overtones and is self-amplifying.
Jacomina Sounds offers high quality antique SHABDA bowls. Handmade with a combination of 5 to 9 metals. Most of them are part of our private collection. These as well as the most recent ones have been personally selected in Nepal. All have received our unique and exclusive cleaning and sound optimisation treatment. For more information about our specialised treatment.
THE PACKAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- Certificate of authenticity, with the specific characteristics of each bowl chosen.
- A high quality, hard, professional Nepalese drumstick made of wood and leather, padded up to the middle.
- Tips on how to maintain the bowl and drumstick.
- A brief instruction on how to play the bowl.
It is advisable to add a large medium-hard mallet to beat this bowl.
WE SEND YOU WHAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN
- At Jacomina Sounds we do our best to present all singing bowls on our website with their original sounds, without manipulations. However, as the bowls have a wide range of overtones, there might be some differences between the recordings and the real thing. Then you will surely be surprised that they sound even better live!
- All our bowls have passed rigorous authenticity tests on age, harmonic balance, smoothness of sound reproduction and duration of sound.
- In order to ensure that the bowls maintain their quality, we have given them our special cleaning and optimisation treatment, which includes a protection to prevent future oxidation and the transmission of heavy metals to our bodies.A unique and exclusive service in the world!